logo subpagesEST 1961

GISSELFELDT GLASSES BY HOLMEGAARD

lg_1176919.jpg
GISSELFELDT GLASSES BY HOLMEGAARD GISSELFELDT GLASSES BY HOLMEGAARD GISSELFELDT GLASSES BY HOLMEGAARD GISSELFELDT GLASSES BY HOLMEGAARD GISSELFELDT GLASSES BY HOLMEGAARD

GISSELFELDT GLASSES BY HOLMEGAARD

Danish gilt edged drinking glasses by Holmegaard, in the "Gisselfeldt" pattern.

Port glass: height 9.5 cm

desert wine glass: height 7.5 cm

schnapps glass: height 7.5 cm

£16 each.



The Gisselfeldt pattern was designed by Jacob E Bang in 1937.

Holmegaard Glassworks is located in the town of Fensmark, Holmegaard. The company was founded in 1823 after Count Christian Danneskjold-Samsøe petitioned the Danish king for permission to build a glassworks at Holmegaard Mose ("Holmegaard Bog"). He died before permission was granted. But after his death when permission was finally received his widow, Countess Henriette Danneskjold-Samsøe who pursued the project and began production in 1825 of green bottles, moving on to table-glass within its first decade.

Much of its early work was derivative and inconsequential, but between the 1930's and 1980's its fortunes were transformed by the designs of Jacob E. Bang (1899-1965), Per Lütken (1916-98), and Bang's son, Michael (1944-2002).

Today the company is known for its high-quality products of Danish design.

Jacob E. Bang (1899-1965) was Holmegaard’s first designer and was first employed at the glass factory in the 1920s. He was really an architect, but after working at the glass factory Bang shifted his attentions completely to industrial design.