A very rare double lens model of a Kinora monochrome motion picture viewer, for use by two people, on pivoting cast iron base with Corinthian column, circa 1905.
With the Kinora disc badge to top, and interior of cover marked: B. M. & BIOGRAPH Co LTD - KINORA TRADEMARK - PATENT - LONDON
Underside of base marked with registration number: RD No: 386494
The Kinora was an early motion picture device, developed by the French inventors Auguste and Louis Lumière in 1895, and patented in February 1896. The British rights to the Kinora were bought by The British Mutoscope & Biograph Co. in 1898, but the machine was not marketed in the UK until 1902.
Height: 34 cm.
For similar viewers see:
FOMU Fotomuseum, Antwerp, Belgium.
National Museums NI. Catalogue Number: BELUM.W2015.261
Literature: The Kinora: Motion Pictures for the Home, 1896-1914. by Barry Alan Anthony, 1996. Page: 36.